Businesses are run as a team. In the team no one is an island. There should be inter-connection that will lead to the overall corporate objectives of the organization. Each department must know how to work with another department. Therefore topics like team management, team building, strategic planning and management by objectives will be treated.
- Make participants appreciate team work and managing a team.
- To enable participants to be able to build team spirit in their place of assignment.
- To teach dynamics of team work and team appreciation.
- To relate team building to leadership and corporate goals.
- To practice team work in each organization.
- To build inter-departmental team and intra departments based on the mission and vision of the organization.
Business owners, Managers, Supervisors and interested individuals.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Team management involves teamwork, communication, objective setting and performance appraisals. Moreover, team management is the capability to identify problems and resolve conflicts within a team. There are various methods and leadership styles a team manager can take to increase personnel productivity and build an effective team. This has led to our need to address some of these salient matters during the course of this training.
Leadership is the ability to take a group of people to an identified and clearly understood destination which is inherently clear to the one leading. This forms a fulcrum for our discussion on team work and team management as no team can exist and function successfully without leadership.
Furthermore, leadership in isolation may not complete the tasks required in running a team. Hence the combined concept of management; now Harold Koontz opined that “Management is the art of getting things done through and with people in formally organized groups.” So we can say that leadership imbibes the management culture/concept.